One person can make a difference.
Check out the ways you can make a child’s birthday celebration extra special.
Birthday Party Staff
Volunteers are always needed to help staff the birthday parties. Typically we host 12 to 15 parties a month and they are usually held in the early weekday evening. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer and clearances (via Childline and PA State Police) are required in order to be a regular party volunteer. For special circumstances we will accommodate volunteers 15-17 years of age with adult supervision.
A birthday party is not complete without delicious birthday treats. We are always in need of volunteers to help bake cupcakes or cookies for birthday parties. The number of birthday guests varies from month to month, but we ask that our baker volunteers be able to accommodate at least 3 dozen people.
BIRTHDAY TREAT BAG SPONSORS
As a treat bag sponsor you will be given a party theme and a treat bag quantity and you have the creative freedom to create and assemble to treat bags for the party. This is a fun way for young kids to help support the cause!
BIRTHDAY BOUTIQUE VOLUNTEER DRIVER
As a volunteer driver, you will be driving our truck, The Birthday Boutique, to parties. You do not need a CDL license. A valid driver's license and clean driving history is required. Parties are held weekday evenings throughout the Pittsburgh area.
TOY SHOP HELPER
Volunteer to inventory toys, boutique items, and help us create birthday packages. This can be one-time or on-going at our office.
Together we can do so much.
Beverly’s Birthdays welcomes the opportunity to partner with corporations, community organizations, and families to help spread birthday cheer.
- We can curate custom group volunteer projects to support your service needs. Our organization has worked with groups from 3-150 people and can host at our office or bring a project to your space. Depending on the size/scope of the project, funding support from your group or a collection drive to help off-set the costs of the project supplies will be needed. Additionally, we love it when small teams want to direct service and volunteer with our children at our birthday celebrations.
- If you are looking to get your team excited about service, we welcome the opportunity to speak to your team, networking group, school, etc. We love spreading cheer and sharing our mission.
- Is your company/organization celebrating an upcoming birthday or anniversary? Are you/or a child in your life celebrating a milestone birthday? Learn more about our Birthday Give-Back Campaign.
- If your company/group would like to make a financial sponsorship, we encourage you to learn more about our 2019 Corporate/Community Partnership Platform.
- Do you have a group that wants to donate items? Organize a Collection for a Cause and help support one of our six programs.
Champions of Cheer
A great way for our youth to learn the value of giving to the community! Champions of Cheer are youth ages 7 to 18 who are selected through an application process. These young leaders will complete a leadership development training, in age appropriate groupings, with Beverly’s Birthdays staff. They will then individually design and implement a fundraising project in their community to benefit Beverly’s Birthdays. The group will present their projects to the Beverly’s Birthdays staff and board at a luncheon/award ceremony.
Cohort 1: Ages 7-9
Cohort 2: Ages 10-14
Cohort 3: Ages 15-18
Applications: Accepting now through September 15, 2019
Leadership & Service Training (Accepted Participants): October 12, 2019
Cohort 1: 9:30-10:45
Cohort 2: 11:00-12:15
Cohort 3: 12:30-1:45
Location: 9799 Laurel Avenue North Huntingdon, PA 15642
Times subject to change based on participants
Presentation & Award Luncheon (Participants & Family) : January 11, 2020