One simple goal – to make a child feel special.
It Started with Beverly… and Megs.
In March of 2011, Beverly’s Birthdays founder, Megs Yunn, met a young girl, Beverly, who shared with Ms. Megs that she had never had her own birthday party or even her own slice of birthday cake.
Inspired by Beverly’s story, Megs decided to start an organization that provides birthday celebrations for homeless children in the Pittsburgh Region.
In June of 2011, Megs submitted her idea to the “BE BIG in Your Community Contest,” a signature component of the ongoing Clifford The Big Red Dog® BE BIG!™ campaign sponsored by American Family Insurance and was selected as a first place winner out of over 1,000 entries in the nation. Beverly’s Birthdays received a starter grant to help make Megs dream a reality. Beverly’s Birthdays became an official nonprofit in February 2012 and received our 501c3 status in August 2012.
Beverly’s Birthdays currently partners with agencies across the Pittsburgh region to ensure that no child is forgotten on his/her special day. Since our inception we have created over 30,000 birthday experiences….this is A TON OF BIRTHDAY CHEER!
Partnerships to support families.
Beverly’s Birthdays has established partnerships with more than 68 social service agencies and 73 schools throughout the greater Pittsburgh region. Our agency partners include homeless shelters, transitional housing programs, domestic violence shelters, group homes, and residential treatment facilities. We are proud to be program provider for all 27 Family Support Centers in Allegheny County. Additionally, we are able to provide our programs to all five regional Allegheny County Children, Youth, and Families offices.
Our staff is made up of the most energetic, dedicated and compassionate “cheerleaders.” Each one of us believes whole heartedly in the mission of Beverly’s Birthdays and recognizes the importance of spreading birthday cheer 365 days a year.
- Megs YunnExecutive Director / Founder
- Alyssa RapeljeProgram Director Agency Relations
- Ashley BrightDirector of Development
- Bonnie RolisonCommunity Engagement Manager
- Martina CarusoProgram Manager - Inventory & Operations
- Marie MattThe Birthday Boutique Intern
- Leah VorceSocial Media Intern
- Chris DiamondOffice & Accounting Manager
- Kristeen BallasProgram Assistant - Inventory & Operations
- Gianna RichardsonThe Birthday Boutique Volunteer Assistant
PresidentMike HardingAssociate Director of Corporate Relations, CMU
SecretaryAja JonesDirector of Marketing, Pittsburgh Public Theatre
TreasurerBobby ZahnerSenior Manager, HBK Valuation Group
- Jeff WolstoncroftSenior Manager, H2R CPA
- Timothy QuinnAttorney
- Sam HornakAttorney, Clark Hill
- Collin MathewsGoogle
- Kerri LacockWashington & Jefferson College
- Jaime SzoszorekPittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Mike GeigerPartner, Big Plan Group (Moe’s Southwest Grill)
Advisory Board MemberKevin HayesPresident/Owner, Hayes Design Group Architects
Advisory Board MemberLisa PerryExecutive Director, Jeremiah's Place
Advisory Board MemberKaren PuchalskyPresident, Innovate E-Commerce